The following is a new blog post related to education and teaching and relevant to our website visitors. The blog post is not based on the opinions or values of our company but is related to education and teaching, so we wanted to share it with YOU! If you ever have any questions please let us know. Now… on to the post!
Here are some signs that you may be missing opportunities with your school’s technology integration efforts:
- Your LMS is primarily used as a document management system
- Lots of Kahoots but not much student creation
- Many conversations about responsible and appropriate use, not many conversations about empowered use
- Teachers are the primary users of technology
- Digital worksheets greatly outnumber student multimedia products
- Teachers are gravitating toward technologies that allow them to tightly control the student learning experience (e.g., NearPod, GoGuardian)
- Silent work alone on ‘personalized,’ adaptive learning software modules is a dominant modality for students
- A greater emphasis on filtering and blocking than on equitable access and usage
- Technology professional development sessions are sparsely (or reluctantly) attended
- The ‘yes buts’ outweigh your visions for technology-infused student learning possibilities
These are just a few. What else might you add?
Time To Teach reviews each blog post by our contributors but if you feel this is a blog post better suited for another page please let us know.
Teachers and Educators are our heroes. We want to thank you for the work you do!
Yours In Education!
Time To Teach